Technical SEO is a process of optimizing your website so search engines can crawl it and index it as efficiently as possible. It is called technical because you are optimizing technical infrastructure of your website – it has nothing to do directly with the content itself (on-page SEO) or backlinks (off-page SEO).
The process is not overly complicated, although it requires meticulous attention to detail and can be time consuming, depending on how complex your website is. To make sure Google and other search engines can process your website easily, your website needs to be:
- Crawlable and easy to crawl (usually this means fast to load)
- Structured in a way that is easy to make sense of
- Coded in a way that helps crawlers understand the individual pages
- Clear and not confusing, the last thing you want is for Google to deal with two URLs that are actually the same page or have to spend its crawl budget on pages that don’t matter
- Indexable, because none of the above matters if there’s a noindex in place, but also non-indexable where that makes sense
We can help you with all of the above, but also specialize in optimization for Core Web Vitals, if that’s what you need.
Technical SEO is all about audits, using the right tools and knowing which buttons to push and we have been pushing those buttons for more then a decade.
If you need help getting your website to a point where Googlebot and other crawlers will love interacting with it, you should get in touch with us. We can also work with your dev team to help them with the implementation, but do not worry if you don’t have a developer handy – in most cases we can take care of the implementation ourselves.
Send us a message and let’s make that poor crawler happy!