Core Web Vitals have been top of mind lately among webmasters and business owners, thanks to Google’s page experience update last June. In this episode, we’re delving into how we can use the tools available to effectively and continuously monitor your site’s Core Web Vital scores.
We’re also sharing an actual case study of how a large publisher increased their page views by page views up by 27%, ad viewability over 75%, and advertising revenues improving by 18% after optimizing their site.
Links in this episode:
Step A: Evaluate Website Health
- CrUX Dashboard: http://g.co/chromeuxdash
- Search Console: https://search.google.com/search-console/about
- Page Speed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
Step B: Debug and optimize
- Lighthouse: https://web.dev/lighthouse-performance/
- Web Vitals extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-vitals/ahfhijdlegdabablpippeagghigmibma?hl=en
- Chrome DevTools: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/devtools/
Step C: Monitor and continuous improvement
- CrUX on Big query: https://web.dev/chrome-ux-report-bigquery/
- Web-vitals.js: https://github.com/GoogleChrome/web-vitals
- Lighthouse-CI: https://web.dev/lighthouse-ci/
Don’t forget to subscribe to the No Hacks Marketing Podcast. And if you learned something new today, we would appreciate it if you can leave us a review on your favorite podcast platform.